Sonoma County Waste Management Agency
The Sonoma County Waste Management Agency, formed in April 1992, is the joint powers authority of the nine incorporated cities and the County of Sonoma. The mission of the agency is waste diversion required by State law AB939 to reduce the amount of landfilled waste in the following areas: municipal yard debris, wood waste, household hazardous waste, education and planning. Programs include:
- Hazardous waste program for residents and businesses for proper disposal of items like paint, garden chemicals, automotive fluids, etc.
- Eco-Desk 565-DESK(3375) Answering questions about recycling, hazardous waste and other disposal issues.
- Annual Recycling Guide, English and Spanish versions.
- Business assistance complying with California’s Mandatory Commercial Recycling Law, AB 341 (effective July 1, 2012) and California’s Mandatory Commercial Organics Recycling Law, AB 1826 (effective April 1, 2016). Free Agency support and resources include conducting waste audits at no cost, training on proper separation of trash, recycling and organics and recycling containers for indoor use.
- Sonoma County Waste Management Agency Waste Reduction Program for Carryout Bags Ordinance 2014-2.
- Monthly electronic recycling events to make it convenient to drop off computer equipment, consumer electronics, TVs, office equipment and kitchen/household appliances.
Visit the Agency’s website at www.RecycleNow.org for details.